Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A bunch of random things. And Square Dancing.

The Catcher in the Rye project was really bad, this one guy and I wound up doing the majority of the work for it, and it was just...bad. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since spring break. Math is horrible, I don't get it, and I am bad at it right now. We have a test in math on Monday.

On Friday I got one of those electronic dolls (babies) that are supposed to teach you how to care for a baby, etc. It was so scary. I cannot believe that my mother still loves me. I wanted to shoot it.

Also on Friday: Sludge (science test thing where you have to separate and identify substances) finished. I don't think I did particularly well; we had a lot of faulty equipment that made us lose a lot of time because we had to redo tests and spend a long time getting computers to work, etc. Idk, it was just annoying, but we finished. I'm scared though...it's worth a lot of points. A lot...a lot.

Sunday was Easter. It was nice, and I had about 800 calories worth of candy! YAY, but I never have candy really so I guess it was sort of okay. I really like Peeps.

Yesterday I did my Arts Alive paper and luckily got an extension on another project, which means I still have to do all of it like REALLY FAST, but whatever...?

WASL testing started today, but ninth grade doesn't have any of it. We have these weird block periods and schedules. Like, I don't know if this makes any sense, not that it matters, but, we'll have a 30 min period, then block A, B, or C, then block A, B, or C (one of the ones we didn't have before), and then 3 50 minute periods. It's so weird. And the ABC blocks are with random teachers. We work on this one reflections essay where we "reflect on our time and growth here at Inglewood", do a sludge write-up thing, and SQUARE DANCING ?!!?!?!. Yeah, I don't really know why they chose square dancing, but it's really kind of funny. I'm horrible at it.

Oh yes, and I wanted to say that I found it odd how one guy in my Lit Project Group (the one who basically did half the project) is named BRIAN, and his brother is named ERIC, and their dog is named Molly. And they're Catholic. It was kind of weird.

Greg (Kaitlin's boyfriend) and I are planning a surprise birthday party for her on Sunday. I think she's on the verge of figuring it all out though, in part because Greg and I were like laughing as we tried to kind of lie. Or maybe that was me. I don't know, but it was funny because she acted like she was walking down the hall as we walked another way, but she wound up going back and like watching us for a second. I thought it was funny. I don't know. ANYWAY, it's going to be cool...hopefully.

One girl at my school's mom died. It's really sad. That sounds so lame to say, but I don't know what else to say about it...losing your mommy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home