Sunday, April 09, 2006

FROM FIRST TO LAST! @ black clouds and underdogs tour!

OKAY. TONIGHT WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I LOVED IT.

I went for FFTL, but AAR, HH, FOB, and The Hushed Sound (see Decaydance.com, probably...they're new) were there too.


So, to start out, Becca picked me up after she left the airport coming home from San Jose. We got in line at the Tacoma Dome at about 3 pm. It was SO cold (and I'm from Washington, Californians! haha) and it was raining/drizzling/windy. We were in line until about 6 pm, but it was totally worth it because I was totally in front-as close to the front of the pit as you can get, which made me happy, but the Tacoma Dome has a weird barrier which kinda bugs me but whatever. Anyway, during the line-waiting we spent time watching weird kids singing songs and talking about Fall Out Boy on the radio for Kiss 106.1. I really don't like Fall Out Boy. I only went to see From First To Last, which kind of sucked because once they were done at like 7:30 or something we got to hang around doing basically nothing until 11:30ish. Rad. It was worth it though...and anyway! In the line, (a lot of this doesn't matter, but I'm saying it more so that I'll remember it, which I wouldn't otherwise) we, or rather Becca and her really outgoing personality, made friends with these two guys. It was kind of funny because one of them was really outgoing too so he and Becca were just talking and talking and talking, and then the other guy and I weren't really talking so we were just sort of standing there in silence listening to them...it kind of started when the outgoing one whose name I can't remember was like making fun of the other one whose name I can't remember either about his girl pants, makeup, hair, and furry coat...and then they were talking about something else and Becca kind of joined in and stuff. I don't really remember, so nevermind. There was this like 8 foot tall dude in front of us-ish, which was really amusing. We got this umbrella off the ground, which kinda helped a little bit. There were also these people who were like fighting because one had sold the other what seemed to be fake tickets. And...there was a box of goldfish on the ground. And then we kind of befriended these other two girls, then Casey and Alissa, our friends who were coming too (but had seats, not gen. admission) hung around with us on the other side of the railing for awhile...and then we got inside. We seriously got to the total front, which was awesome, particularly because I'm horribly short.

The opening-ish band, The Hush Sound was actually very good, I thought. They kind of reminded me of a more folky-not-as-electronica P!ATD (Panic...) and...yeah, it was pretty cool. They were good...I think they were signed to Decaydance (Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Gym Class Heroes). Yeah.

Then From First to Last took the stage, which was coooool. Wes Borland (formerly of Limp Bizkit) was playing bass (FFTL's bassist was..kicked out awhile ago) for them. Sonny did his 'fuck' (sorry, language) speech (I have a video of part of it). He also kept talking about helping out the "little guys" (smaller, shorter people, I'm assuming) because people kept getting really knocked around. They also played both new and old songs, which was nice. So they played Mothersound, Note to Self, The One Armed Boxer Vs. the Flying Guillotine, And We All Have a Hell, and then they got partway through The Levy when like right when Sonny (lead singer.) was supposed to do this wailing part if I remember correctly, he like stopped moving around (he's very...active) and kind of like stared at this one place and was like, "Is someone hurt? Is...someone hurt?" And then after a couple seconds he like turned around and yelled, "stop the fucking music!" and then they kept like repeating this one part with the instruments until it slowly came to a stop, and then Sonny made us part the crowd so they could get this guy who had a seizure out. It was really sad somehow, but I was actually proud of FFTL in a way because it was really nice...like, they didn't really have to do that. People get like pushed to the point that they have to get out or they get hurt and stuff but things don't usually stop-I don't know. It was just really nice, and I guess I knew Sonny was nice, but I didn't know he was THAT nice, especially considering the fact that to this particular audience (which was an AAR/FOB audience) they were relatively unknown and it cut their set short. They had played their former tour with a group that was probably more like their sound, making them more...with the audience. So yeah, I think that was good of them. Then Sonny started talking about helping each other out and like, the importance of being safe and stuff. And then he talked about little people again. And then they played Ride the Wings of Pestilence, and then it was over. Becca got this really good picture of Matt, their guitarist. I was kinda sad because it was hard to see Travis, other guitarist, because he was like in the corner. Sonny was the only one you could totally see-Matt was in a good place but he was on the opp. side of us. Oh yes, and Sonny threw his water bottle into the crowd. I have it. I think that's cool, but I'm not a scary fangirl who's going to make a shrine out of it or anything. (what I find funny is that there are def. kids who would do that) Then we didn't want to stay in the pit for the other bands, so I got the guards to pull me out of the pit. Then on the way out we saw Ricky Terror (myspace.com/rickyterror), their merch guy, walking past us, but I didn't realize it was him until he was past us. Otherwise we would have said hi.

Yeeeah, so..then after FFTL we went for merch - I got a bag and a shirt, and then we sat around in the foodish area for a really long time. Then toward the end of Fall Out Boy (who played for like an hour and a half...ew...sorry) we went outside and walked around. Their tour bus area was completely open, but we didn't go in, partly because I do not enjoy feeling like a stalker, and because there were guards in the area. I don't know. And..then we went home, and I got mad to find that the sound (because the Tacoma Dome is spacious) on the videos is horrible. And the videos don't do it justice at all. It looks so lame, but whatever. It was amazing. And we met this really nice girl in the pit. I just forgot to mention her before and felt that she was worthy of mention. And this girl in the bathroom was like, "hey, I saw you in the pit!" and i was like, "...yeah, hi." because i didn't remember her. YEAH! And so now I'm sitting here...and I'm done.

And I only got videos, really, (minimal pics) because I'm too short to get good ones up higher and away from shaking. So they were really blurry, and the ones I saved are the clearest I could possibly get. Becca got good ones though..she's like 5'9, hahaha. I think part of why Sonny talked about little people was because he's short - like barely taller than I am. (like 5'4...he's just 18) YEAH YEAH YEAH(s). And I fell asleep on the concrete floor after we left the pit. I got home and hadn't eaten in 13 hours. YAYAYAAYA..I'm tired

I want to go to Warped!

One more day of Spring Break...

VIDEO and picture links (I don't want to resize or have them mess up the page)...and I WILL HAVE MORE WHEN BECCA SENDS ME HERS; she had a bigger camera memory than I did...which is why a lot of the video is sort of cut off..my camera kept deciding it didn't have enough space or something.

^that's us pre-show. my hair was wavy from 3 hours in the rain

right when they came out and sonny was being...sonny. he has weird outfits for this tour. they're different from his other stuff.

Those are the only relatively clear/cool looking photos I got.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4up5gvbRHhw VIDEO!

PS, i know this probably doesn't matter a whole lot to you, but i guess that in a way i'm doing it more for my own documentation thing...hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home