Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer?
Sorry! Here's my update! I do this kind of thing a lot, don't I?
Okay, so, I've never had a bad Alaska Airlines flight before, at least where it was their fault, so I was very surprised during this trip. Apparently they've been having problems, particularly with cabin pressure. Ooookay. So, I guess that I will start with Saturday, the 18th. I had gone to bed the night before feeling really crappy, but I figured it was just that I was tired, so I took some medicine and went to bed. Of course, I woke up the day before the trip and felt really, very sick. My mom and I started getting pretty nervous about the trip, or...at least, I did. She had me load up on the medicine, like, a lot, and I was sleeping for most of the day. I finally went to Kaitlin's at like 9:45 pm and we hung out for awhile, which basically means that we played Halo 2 on Xbox Live until like 1 or 2 am. We went to bed around 3 am and got up at 4 am and got on the flight at like 7 am. Ahhhh...too early. I am not a morning person AT ALL, and it was hard because I was sick. I was angry about the sick part. It's weird how strangely I'm writing right now but that's okay because it's just flowing. Yay. Okay, so then we were sitting around on the plane for about an hour or something because maintenance had to come onboard and fix the aft door and fill out a ton of paperwork or something apparently, rarara, then we were all like "yay, we are taking off," and Kaitlin and I were all grumpy and sitting in the very last row of the plane. We were next to the lavatory, so of course, this guy goes in and vomits for about five to ten minutes straight, and it sounded so vivid that he might as well have been vomiting in our laps or something. Then the vomiting stopped, but he stayed there for about ten or fifteen minutes. When he left, the door was opened and the smell totally hit the back..we weren't the only ones disgusted. The whole group in the back was like..yeah. Haha, and it was weird and scary because there was this weird mix-up where a man named Robert got mixed up with a guy named Kevin Ryan somehow...like the Kevin Ryan guy basically had a duplicate of Robert's boarding pass or something, and somehow he had gotten through security unnoticed, even though he showed his ID and everything...they just didn't check that the ID matched the boarding pass, only ID to face! It was weird...like, he was a normal guy with his wife and he wasn't dangerous, but what if he was dangerous? You know what I mean? So Kaitlin was feeling some hardcore trepidation at that point, wow I don't know if that even makes any sense but I hope you know what I'm saying, and so she got kind of pissy, but that's okay. I was kind of happy with my location because I was in a corner...and I'm basically agoraphobic (afraid of large spaces), so it was nice..but Kaitlin's kind of claustrophobic, which didn't help her kind of fear of flying. Yay.
Okay, so then we landed and met Kaitlin's mom's good friend, wow I can't even remember her name right now. What the heck? What is wrong with my brain? I'm really tired. Oh well..so we met her and then we were getting our luggage and my backpack was really wet, so my mom's camera had some damage to the screen. It turned out to be okay because the water is gradually drying out and the screen is normal (almost, very nearly). But it was really upsetting at first because they claimed no liability for damage to items in luggage, only the luggage itself...which makes me angry because I did not plan to have what looked like the equivalent to a bucket of water dumped on my backpack. YAya, that made little sense I think! Okay anyway, so we drove to a restaurant called Mimi's (?) and ate there. I had a veggie burger. Then we drove around a lot and got a sort of tour of the area before checking into the Radisson and going up to the room where us travelers flopped on beds and chairs and began to sit and vegetate...but then Kaitlin's mom's friend's husband and two sons showed up and helped us get our luggage upstairs. Haha, it's funny; I can remember the names of the family-husband was Ron, older son was Corey, younger son was Trent, (I think they were each 2 years younger/older from my age) but..I don't...remember her name...why???? We only spent forever with her! She was nice. Hmmm...maybe it will come to me randomly. I don't know. Then we went out to Huntington Beach and went shopping and on the boardwalk and stuff. I got two shirts and a cropped hoodie. I really like them and they were really cheap. Hmm...I wonder what sweatshop they were made in??!?!?!?!!! RRRAaa.. Wow. Okay. I also got sunglasses, something amazingly awesome to me because I live in Washington....self explanatory? And the best part of all was that you could USE the sunglasses. We ate dinner at BJ's and then we drove around a lot...but it's all kind of a blur to me because I slept through a lot of it.
This whole trip was a strange experience because I felt like a real, true tourist. I've never felt that way before. I mean, I visit, sure, but I've never been or been with (haha) the weird tourists hanging out of cars with cameras going ooooooh what's that at everything. It was interesting....not bad though. Kaitlin was very excited to "see" Laguna Beach (it was very dark)...haha. The next day we went to Hollywood and did nice touristy things like a wax museum (haha) and visited the Chinese Theatre, etc..then we did a Beverly Hills Stars Homes Tour. (?) It was weird because I don't really care about celebrities, so I was pretty much just fascinated by the houses themselves. They were beautiful. Then we walked along Rodeo Drive and explored. I want valet service at my post office...anyway, the tour guide driver dude was so funny because he kept saying "beverwy hills" instead of Beverly Hills. It was just really funny. After visiting Hollywood/Beverly Hills, we went to the drug store and there was this old man who looked like he was dying in his car, so after awhile we went into the drug store and got the manager, who said it was a customer who sometimes had back problems but would be okay...and then we were driving away and there was this guy in a car who was like "are you going to call for help?" and we (driver women rah rah rah) were like "yeah" and the guy was like, "yeah, the manager's an idiot..." and he drove up to the old man in his car who was like in a weird position and stuff...and then suddenly the old man turned on his car, looked at the guy in the other car and like did this weird glare and "rorajrkajljalja!!!!" thing, (like..I don't even know..) and drove away quickly. I don't really know.
On Tuesday we went to Disneyland. We got quite a few free passes from connections to Disneyland employees or something, I don't know...but it was nice. Kaitlin took forever to warm up to the idea of going on rides. We forced her...dragged her, almost literally, onto the Matterhorn. She loved it. I like it, but I don't think it's nearly intense enough to be like..yeah? I don't know. Then Kaitlin wanted to go on it again, but we went over to Tomorrowland and went on Star Tours..or maybe we did that before the Matterhorn. I don't really remember. Haha, but it was funny because Kaitlin was freaking out about Star Tours. I thought she would be a daredevil because she kind of is...just apparently not at Disneyland. Even though she loved every ride we went on, she refused to go on Space Mountain, so Anna (her little sister), Corey, Trent, and I went on it with fast passes. We take stupid pictures. After that Kaitlin still refused to go on Space Mountain so she and her mom and some other people went on the Small World ride thing while Trent and I went on Space Mountain again. He liked rollercoasters, which was good because Kaitlin turned out to be quite the wimp until she came around at about 8 pm. A little late, but at least next time it'll be better. The weird part is that she's been to Disneyworld! I don't get it. Hmmm...so, we went on Thunder Mountain too. And..the haunted house was closed, and we went on Pirates a few times because they are renovating it and Kaitlin is in love with Pirates of the Caribbean. I bought a Jack Skellington in a Santa costume. He is cute...and I bought a stuffed Zero for Jessa's birthday in April because she loves The Nightmare Before Christmas. I also bought some stuff for my family. Everything is so expensive there, my god. We had a dinner of appetizers at ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney and had lunch at a Mexican place thing in Disneyland. I had a huge chicken! It was horrible. I felt so bad afterward. :[ Ummm...then we went on Space Mountain, all of us, and I took the stupidest picture of my life. I was going to do something purposely weird, but I was laughing so it turned out looking really, very, entirely strange. Oh well. Kaitlin absolutely loved it, by the way. Go figure..at 8:30 pm. We missed the parade. Umm..yeah. We went to California Adventure for an hour, which was the equivalent to every single line, and we went on Soarin' Over California (or something like that) because we didn't really want to separate...and Anna and Kaitlin weren't too keen on California Screamin. :[
Right after we got back to the hotel from Disneyland I got a MASSIVE, HUGE nosebleed. HAH, I spent the first few minutes of it leaning over the sink laughing because it was seriously just like streaming from my nose...luckily I had some help from Kaitlin, who isn't squeamish, unlike her sister and mom. It took like twenty minutes to stop the bleeding, and then we had to clean up the sink...which was pretty gross, but that's okay. I like the taste of blood. Is that weird? Yyayy...
We woke up at like 3-3:00 am and went to catch a 6:20 am flight, but we were in the air for like 15 minutes or something and had to land at LAX because of cabin pressure problems. We spent a good hour or so in a huge line trying to rebook. We were really lucky to get a 2:15 flight. A lot of people got stuck with 6 or 7 pm flights to Seattle. We spent five hours in the international terminal (or something) and then we got on the plane at 3 pm. I got home around 7-7:30 pm. I was supposed to be home at like 10-10:30 am. Needless to say I didn't get my homework done, which resulted in some problems the next day because I was doing a ton of homework in one day...meant for like winter break + a day. Our break ended on Thursday, when we went back to school. Roar.
We are doing a career unit. I don't know if I previously mentioned that or not. It includes a shadow, interview, and resume, along with a career packet. I'm doing "Art Director." We had to take a test that gave us a general area of "interest," (art was number one, leadership number two). I chose Art Director because it kind of integrates the two...and my dad seems to know a million people with that kind of job, so it won't be too difficult to find people with that career.
April 8 I'm for sure going to the From First to Last/All American Rejects/Fall Out Boy/Hawthorne Heights/...? show with Becca. Yay, this should be fun...I'm just not a fan of Fall Out Boy at all, not really the others too much either but they're alright, (in my opinion)...rararara. I can't wait.
We did a vertical jump test in PE today. It was funny because all these guys went before me and when they stood against the wall with their arms up to measure their "height," they reached to like 17-24 inches or something (it was from a certain point..confusing? probably). I reached to 6 or 7. Haha...
Over the weekend Chelsea and I went to Bellevue Square mall and I bought checkered vans I'd been wanting since July 2005. Yay, happy. Then she slept over, yay happy happy yay. Then I had youth group. I am pretty sure that I am agnostic and I do not enjoy church. I know you guys do, but I don't...like...I am going to fall asleep here if I go into it because it will take awhile. So I will save it for another day. I guess it's just kind of weird because my mom's very into it and I'm not.
Today (Tuesday) I worked at the Pancake Supper at church. Something about feasting before fasting? I don't know. You might? Probably? Anyway, I got like 3 hours of community service for Honor Society and learned that one of my fellow ninth-graders at the church is currently in PRE-CALCULUS! AHHH...and I thought I was ahead with stupid 10th grade math. Oh, so hardcore. So hardcore...
School is over in roughly 3.5 months. Only 3.5 months....3.5....
School's back in full force whacking me in the face...eeee....sleep is needed now. Goodnight. Another update SOON, I PROMISE. I SWEAR!


7 Comments:
wow... I can't read that right now because its late and I need to go to sleep... but girl... paragraphs... you need more of them... smaller por favor
Oh my God! Forget Boobis, you're new name is Tolstoy.
First of all: I want pictures!
Secondly, I can't believe you went to Mimi's! They are bad people. BJ's is an awesome place though--we went there together, right Michal? Pizookie heaven. Ah, poor Kaitlin--that is soooo funny that you didn't do California Screamin' 'cuz Claire tried unsuccesfully(Sp?) to talk me into it. A few months ago 15 people were hospitalized becuase that ride malfunctioned at the end. I think the cars bumped into each other. Anyways......It's sooo weird to think that you were 20 min away! But I was busy on Tuesday :(
Eh, what else? Oh, I hate plane rides! No more Alaska airlines for me. And who said I liked church? I believe in God, but I have major issues with the Catholic Church--I don't quite trust them. On a lighter note.....that is so funny that you bought Jack Skellington in a Santa costume because I was going to get you that for last Christmas, but I ran out of money!
I got to go......I get girl scout cookies today! Woo hoo!
Sorry Michal, I tried, haha..it was just kind of coming out...so...yeah, it's very unorganized. More like a stream of thought.
I don't have many pictures because at first I was afraid to use the water damaged camera. What happened with Mimi's? I'm an uninformed Washingtonian! Yeah, I liked BJ's. Unsuccessfully*.
YAY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
PS. But I will post the pictures I have. Very few.
PS PS OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT.
Why Tolstoy?
Because he wrote War and Peace, the longest book known to man.....er, me. Mimi's Cafe sucks--they're mean to employees and don't give proper breaks/time off etc. My PolyEcon teacher worked there in his college years and now he's helping some former employee sue them.
Ohh...
Post a Comment
<< Home