Sunday, June 26, 2005

Stupid Post

I am 62% Video Game Addict.
I have a Video Game Problem
Video games are a big portion of my life, maybe too big of a portion. They are not a means of social interaction, despite what I might think. I should just go outside.

I love my life?

Okay so this is going to be a lame post but I just really needed to spread the love.
My dad got Battlefield 2!
It's awesome. Not that the people who read this blog care (coughMichalKatiecough) but yeah I just felt like sharing. It's seriously amazing. There are voice commands as well as the option to plug in a speaker/headphone set like on Xbox Live. And the graphics are great--especially for a PC game. The maps are enormous and the variety of weapons, vehicles, nationalities, and type of soldier is just awe and ooh worthy. You can be a marine, a special ops dude, a sniper, et cetera. It's just way cool. There are different kinds of tanks, light jeeps, heavy jeeps, turrets, helicopters, planes, etc. There's even an inflatable boat. You can press Q or something and these options/requests come up, like asking for more ammo, backup, etc...it's all strategy based, which is amazing. If things start getting really hot at a certain vantage point, the defensive/offensive team can call in a barrage by planes/helicopters, whatever...or tanks. You know. It's just sweet. But none of it's AI so you're relying on real people. There can be max. 64 players (that's 32v32) on one map. And I think there are different gametypes. You can be like, MEC, Chinese, American, etc. and within those armies there are squads (of 4) and random individuals. You can crouch, sprint, etc and you have different skills and advantages based on the type of soldier you are. There are like...support, snipers, assault, anti-tank, special forces or something, medics, etc. The medics can go at it with their paddles. And the thing is that if you get damaged beyond a certain point but aren't dead, you're disabled and critically wounded. So you lay there on the ground screaming for a medic and you have 15 seconds before you die and have to wait to respawn. If a medic makes it to you in time you can be revived. But the medics are real people--not AI. You can choose where you respawn--but you can only respawn at a friendly base. As you move up in ranking/stats you can become a squad leader and direct real, living people. And it's not like Halo where everything's basically clear on who your teammates are--it's not red vs. blue or anything. People wear camo like in real wars...and it might take a little while to figure out who's hostile and who's an ally. You can get tired too and when you get "exhausted" I guess you could call it, everything gets blurry and you move more slowly and there's this loud heartbeat/breathing thing for about 10 secs. And you can carry knives and special melee weaponry. And if you're on MEC team or something orders come in Arabian...if you're on US team it's in English, etc. Just sweet. And that's probably not even the half of it. Gawwshh dude, it's just wow. Blew me away. No joke. Hahaha. I'm such a loser for loving video games but you know what...deal with it. :D I spent about 40 minutes watching him play it. He was a special guy who could set off mines and it was just droolworthy. There was this one thing where his team was basically losing and there were like 10 enemies pwning at this one base, and so he basically went in and killed 3 or 4 guys with more or less grenades, and then he got shot up by the last guy in the room on the second floor (most of the enemies were on the third floor which was the rooftop) and then two guys on his team showed up and one was a medic so he revived him and then he went upstairs and threw down all these mines and detonated them and everybody died. And his team won like 3 minutes later. It was just awesome. Intense.

Oh yeah, and he bought a guide. It's a pretty fat guide for a multiplayer game...

Okay bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home