Monday, June 20, 2005

It's really hot.

Today was really interesting, believe it or not. *gasp*

Okay so I never really expected to say this but I actually kind of miss the colder weather. I have a thing for jackets and my etnies and now it's hard for me to wear them. The weather's been getting so hot. Like 80 degrees. That's really hot, okay?!? At least for Washington. I'm done with school, basically. My wonderful counselor e-mailed my mom the schedule for today and yesterday and I don't need to go tomorrow. There's just a two hour assembly I could attend, but it's all in honor of the ninth graders who are leaving for Eastlake High School and I don't really see the point in going. This year has really gone by fast, and I'm sorry, at least in some ways, that it's ended. I didn't even really get to say goodbye to Mr. Gervis. He's been one of my favorite teachers, as well as most challenging...by far. But the challenge was what kept my interest and what drove me to improve by such great lengths.

Today was an exhausting day...mostly because of the heat and because I only really have clothes for...well, normal Washington. So I was trudging around in 80 degree weather, which is hot, okay, in black jeans, a black jacket, a shirt, a cami, socks, etnies, the works, and my hair down. My dark hair. So, of course, I was almost entirely black and it kind of sucked. But yeah. It was cool. I love how I contradict myself. Yeah so anyways I went to math and got my final back, went to LASS and finished watching Remember the Titans, and then went to roundtable for two hours...but during roundtable (that's advisory) I went to lunch. The thing is, on "Fun Day" (yeah, the day before the last day) they do a barbeque or at least that's what they call it. What they really do is give you semi-cold (new vocabulary?) burgers/hotdogs to eat and give you a carton of milk and tell you to go away. I had lunch with Katrina, though, and some other people, so it was alright. Oh yeah and all the while I was signing/getting signed yearbooks.

Okay so the better part of my day was the actual Fun Day part. We got two hours outside/inside/gym to do whatever. It was, uhh, fun, but really hot. I'm going to stop telling you it was hot because I'm assuming you've gotten that part of the whole concept by now. Yep, so anyway. It was really great because I got to see all these people I never see anymore, whether that's because I'm now partially homeschooled, or, rather, was partially homeschooled, or simply because I don't have classes with them or anything. I spent like the whole time with Chelsea and I got to see Rachel and Jordan quite a bit which I really enjoyed because I never really get to see them anymore. :-( Yep but Rachel dyed her hair black, like, black black, which was...odd. Yep. Okay well enough about Fun Day.

Tessa graduated from sixth grade today, which was pretty...more exhausting. It was about 1.5 hours long and everyone got to sit there in a really hot stuffy room watching a powerpoint and listening to names being called off and the kids' favorite McAuliffe Elementary memories and stuff. I mean, not that it wasn't special, but it was just, really, really, tiring. I got to see the Wolowskis, who moved to Chicago about a million years ago, which was nice. Afterward we went to Ruby's, a restaurant...and then I was about ready to fall asleep since it was already like 8:30 or something. Now it's 11:02 and I have to go to bed. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home