fdsajkl.SCHOOL
Hello. School's started. Four days down.. 176 to go or something like that. We started on Tuesday...my schedule:
1] Design with what seems to be a nice teacher, which is so unusual! I'm used to having a crazy mean art teacher.
2] Fitness with what seems to be the scariest dude on this side of the planet.
3] Integrated Biology with a pretty weird, quirky, but very nice lady.
4] World History with a quiet-so-far teacher and a student teacher with a booming voice.
5] Literature with a talkative but seemingly nice teacher.
6] Advanced Algebra with a really cool teacher who has a reputation for kind of sucking at teaching. I'm kind of worried about SATs with this.
Advisory with a really nice, fun, enthusiastic lady.
It's so weird because it wasn't hard to find classes at all. I got into ECP (extended core program), and originally I wanted it, but now I don't really know. The people in my classes kind of suck. ECP is different from "Regular Core" because it has a pool of 120 kids who get mixed up into their bio, history, lit, and math classes, if that makes sense. Regular Core isn't connected to math class - it's just like three teachers (a bio, history, lit teachers) group together as a sort of team and a group of 30 kids will go to one, then the next, then the next. I'm probably doing a poor job of explaining, not that it really matters because you aren't attending! So. Hahah, I'm just kind of flustered. of sorts. Oh, and ECP also has stuff integrated - so they kind of teach all the "core" subjects "together" or mixing them up a little - so they include some history stuff or link it in science or something, as a single example. I don't really like it so far. Partially because I actually like being in a higher level math class, but only if I feel like I'm learning what I'm supposed to be learning, which usually doesn't require reading an excerpt from Sherlock Holmes...I'm so sore from Fitness. It's really sad. We didn't even like..run...we just did like an hour of these drills in the gym. But they worked all these muscles that very few people have worked in a long time. So yeah. I spent the whole day today like wobbling around. I didn't know it was that obvious that I was horribly sore until Tessa laughed at me about it. So yeah. We have early release on Wednesdays and late start on Thursday. Monday and Wednesday we only have periods 2, 4, and 6. Tuesday and Thursday are the opposite, and Friday is everything. Advisory is like homeroom, essentially. This (being at Eastlake) doesn't really feel that different for some reason. I was expecting it to feel majorly different, but it really doesn't. I also like how everyone kind of looks more alike in age. It was weird to be fifteen and walking around the same hallways as twelve year olds who are under 5 feet tall...and we were all way too different. Junior high and middle school are stuuuppiddd. I love that we have two lunches here instead of four. It's more crowded in a way but I don't care. I can go off campus next semester..and I can get my license in less than three months. UGHG. Oh, did I mention that if I take the bus, I get home 45 mins-60 mins after school lets out when we live five minutes away? Yeah, I really hope I get my own car or something. Or at least get to drive sometimes. Eastlake already feels completely normal. It's kind of weird. I also hate this Homecoming thing. I guess it kind of sucks that I avoid guys for the most part when it comes to this stuff, but to be totally honest, I don't think I want to go regardless of whether I get asked or not. Haha, everyone makes such a big deal about this stuff. I think it's kind of a waste of time. I've done a good job at getting to bed at a decent time so far...and getting homework done early. Laura and I want to join clubs. My school picture SUCKS, and I'm serious. It really doesn't even look like me, and I'm not the only one who think so..haha, I think that all the sophomores got weird pictures with bad lighting and framing. I look like I gained 30 pounds, am wearing all black, and my head's like small and has this huge empty space above it. Kaitlin's face is like half lit and half really dark..it's just weird. I didn't get French II! I don't know what's going on. And I got a 6.05 on my 40 yard dash. That kind of made me irritated, but WHATEVER! :) Laura and Becca and some other people are in my design class, which is awesome. I've gotten a lot better at driving (I sucked.). Yayyy.
I'm so tired.


1 Comments:
i totally get how feel about homecoming...i didn't think it was a big deal but the rest of my school certainly did. haha just wait 'till prom!
Post a Comment
<< Home