Friday, August 11, 2006

California Trip

Day 1: Thursday
Slept over at Kaitlin's the night before. We watched V for Vendetta, which is a very good movie, by the way. I never guessed that it was originally a graphic novel. Was tired, got in the car, ate meat at Arby's and became very sad for awhile. Went on the freeway, not the coast. Saw a lot of cows and small towns in need of renovation. Stopped at Applebee's and had a pretty good dinner. Stopped for the night in a nice hotel room that was pretty small but still nice (free internet access, free fridge, really nice bed, two tvs)...only problem: the pull out couch bed might as well not have had a mattress; the springs...hahaha. It was hilarious until we actually tried to get to sleep.

Day 2: Friday
More driving, more cows, more sleeping on Tessa...accidentally. We arrived in Sacramento in the afternoon and had dinner at Olive Garden with my grandparents and uncle + girlfriend from Oahu. They took quite a few pictures in the parking lot. Better beds.

Day 3: Saturday
Drove around and had lunch at a Japanese restaurant with awesome, awesome salted salmon. Kept getting soy sauce in my tea. Looked at old places, neighborhoods, etc with parents including Mira Loma, Grandma's house (which has some pretty but very different landscaping), etc. It wasn't too "fun", but that's perfectly fine because I know that it was important for my parents and they enjoyed it. That evening from 6-12 pm my parents went to their reunion bar/grill thing. Tessa and I had room service that was pretty good and hung out for a long time in the hotel room.

Day 4: Sunday
Had brunch at a hotel with reunion people and parents. Visited Jill's (do you guys know Jill?) house in the making. Drove to Charlie and Linda's (do you know them?) and wound up sleeping over there with three others. It was a good time. Everyone's nice.

Day 5: Monday
Felt very sick. Had jamba juice again. Drove to San Francisco. Pretty nice hotel overlooking city and In N Out, which is actually pretty cool. Looked around and had a snack at a seafood thing by the water...walked...walked....walked...had dinner at McCormick & Something or something Seafood, which was really good! :) Went to Ghiradelli (?) Square and bought chocolate. Checked out an art gallery and went back to the hotel.

Day 6: Tuesday
Went to Chinatown and had dim sum which was good but i ate meat and felt especially horrible and nasty afterward when we walked by all those wonderful shops with dead...animal corpse meat hanging in the windows. and fish being thrown into bins before slaughter. wow. i hate this. wow. i almost cried, haha. Started the drive home. Went on crazy winding roads that took forever around Bodega. Stayed in Fort Bragg in a little cottage because that's all that they had left, but it was cool and really nice to have space. Had dinner at this cool restaurant that was kind of "innovative" (said by my mom). Went to Safeway and got ingredients to make popcorn on the stove and came "home" to find that we actually DID have a microwave. Almost finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Tessa snored.

Day 7: Wednesday
Driving continued. Roads gradually became straighter and straighter...yay. Had pizza for lunch which was okay. Couldn't stay at this one hotel so we went to another and it turned out to be really nice. Went out and had thai food for dinner and it was great. My parents bought wine at this nice little place that was about to close. We slept.

Day 8: Thursday
Last day of driving home. Pretty much drove the whole day but stopped for lunch in Newport, Oregon. Tessa and I got CLAM chowder that included BACON bits + a cup of mashed potatoes. But I'm doing pretty good so far with the trytonoteatmeatpolicy. In the past two days I've eaten a couple things of sushi, the clam chowder with bacon bits, and fried rice that had some crab in it. that's definitely an improvement in comparison to my scary carnivorous days. :( anyway. I don't THINK that we stopped for dinner. No, we didn't. We drove home and had sushi and pasta (yep). I'm so glad to be home..I was really homesick...

Working through French, finally.

Oh yes, and as a side note, I am going to From First to Last/Atreyu/Chiodos/Every time I die on Nov. 14 even if I have to blow myself to pieces and rip out 500 walls. You know what I mean.

I also should mention that I love Nine Inch Nails and have been particularly itchy lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home