6 things, I guess..
This past week has been very uneventful. Here are the things that have happened:
1) Kaitlin came over on Friday, which was nice because I hadn't seen her in two weeks or so. We're making a video of Barbie adventures for Annie, who just had back surgery for scoliosis. She's one of my best friends.
2) Tonight I went out to dinner with the family (Mexican food). We went to Hollywood Video and got like 10 DVDs or something like that. Yayyy...family movie night.
3) Saw The Devil Wears Prada on Friday with Kaitlin, Tessa, Tessa's Friend, Mom, and Grandma. I thought it was very good, but for whatever reason, I didn't really feel like what they wore is actually what is worn in fashion. It had too many big names, too many huge glamorous articles of clothing...there wasn't anything like Balenciaga, Chloe, Zac Posen, etc. It was all Chanel, Gucci, and the big names.
4) I'm figuring out how to use the Xbox 360's weird customization features, which is good.
5) My dad is looking at cars, but apparently I'm not getting my "own" designated Natalie (and Tessa to be) car. I guess. Ugh. It means that if my dad is getting an automatic, it's going to be gone for most of the time because of his work, and so I'm pretty much going to have to drive a stickshift. :( It's so...complicated (manual transmission). Poop ducks.
6) I've been kind of depressed lately. I feel like all of my friends are kind of...not...there anymore. Most of them are actually really...getting on my nerves. I don't mean to sound mean, but it's been like that for awhile, and I'm friends with quite a few of them simply out of necessity. Like I'm playing a sort of political game so that I don't get attacked. And by attacked, I'm not really exaggerating. Maybe that's a thing that only happens here...I don't know. I don't want to be a part of it, though. I really wish I didn't have to go to Eastlake.
The end.


3 Comments:
Yeah, I've heard that about the Devil Wears Prada...in fact, one newspaper review critized them for making Andy wear a toe ring, since techincally it's bohemian chic and not very sophisticated. But in the book, Balenciaga and Chloe are mentioned (Balenciaga a lot, acutally) but there was no mention of Zac Posen---he's a bit more edgy, I think. They also mention YSL, Karl Lagerfield, Miu Miu, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Pucci, Barney's, Louis Vuitton.......yeah.
That sucks about friends getting on your nerves.... I know exactly how you feel. Make new friends at Eastlake, I garuntee at lease one person there feel the same way you do--hopefull you can bond over your mutual hatred of stupid people. ;)
Sweet. I wonder if the book is more accurate than the movie?
I hope so, I guess. Haha. The thing is that at Eastlake we're having the exact same class of people (my ninth grade class) plus half of another school's ninth grade class, and they're a lot smaller than us. So we actually aren't getting that many new kids.
weird......that soooo wasn't my high school--and I don't know if that's good or bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home