Expo '86
Film camp's gotten progressively better. We've basically finished our project and there's still an entire week left. We actually have a tad bit more editing to do on Final Cut, but after about thirty minutes or probably less, we'll have to start a new project. Our next project will be a really dorky infomercial trying to sell you a cardboard box...can't wait, can't wait. Anyway, I know that this might sound kind of mean or weird, but I'm really glad because our project(s) is/are not going to be the worst in the class. I don't really mean that in a mean way! I just always worry about being semi-humiliated by this kind of thing, and it's not like this one group even cares at all about the quality of their work anyway. They started out with a weak plot and then wound up extracting the entire plot altogether, so it was basically this four minute sequence of a guy running around, jumping into trees, riding in a wheelchair, throwing bread, and knocking himself into doors. And to top it all off, the framing and shot variation is about zero. The funny thing is is the fact that they don't really care whatsoever, haha (so I don't really feel bad), because this class isn't exactly inexpensive. My group and I are kind of becoming friends and more comfortable around each other. We work a lot more easily when everyone kind of knows everyone else. I guess that the majority of our "bonding" experience happened today because we finished editing and ate lunch...and then we sat around for about three hours proposing ideas for our next project and kind of just talking, which we hadn't really done to that depth before. I appreciated it, and it kind of makes the experience a little more enjoyable. I kind of like the way that our short turned out. It's not exactly a fantastic masterpiece, but it's kind of cool. :) Oh! I know this probably sounds totally random and insignificant, but it kind of created some problems for us on the shoot. We had this boom box in a lot of our shots, and then on like Wednesday night someone like came into the film institute and stole a projector, a dvd player, and the boom box. The funny thing is is the fact that the boom box was really old...like 90s style. A ghetto blaster. Uhh, yeah, so, we kind of have some weird continuity problems, but it's too big a deal to reshoot for this when it doesn't really matter; we aren't getting graded or anything. Haha, but it's kind of funny how this person who stole stuff from the institute went right for the electronics, one of them super old, when there just happened to be thousands of dollars worth of film crew stuff sitting right there. I'm actually learning again, and it feels really, incredibly nice. So yeah, that's my film course summary for week one..
Warped Tour is tomorrow. I'm not going. Again. I'm not going. :( My mom...AHH, I don't know what everyone's so afraid of! There are people there! I'm not going to get pulled into a downtown Seattle alley and get raped! And I'm not an idiot, I would have friends there with me, etc. I think the worst that could happen is getting stuck in some mosh pit and getting bruises or something...but even that I doubt would happen. Ugh. I'm really, really sad. I don't get it. I'm like old enough to drive, but I can't go to a show. Like ten-year-olds go to Warped Tour! Come on!!!! AHhh.
I just got my hair cut. I'm trying to get it to grow longer, I think. I think that's what I want. I don't know. I'm just kind of thinking to myself as I write. My head's going to explode! I'm so glad it's the weekend.
We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home and now I feel really fat...clog those arteries, go go go! I think I'm on the road to becoming a health nut. But honestly, it's funny because according to my BMI, I'm almost obese. Do I look obese? Haha. I've become such an anxious freak out person.
In the past couple days I've done some serious reflecting on why I'm always such a negative person lacking satisfaction and stuff. I'm also like always stressed and anxious and stuff. Ughgh, I think I need to teach myself to let things go and kind of enjoy life as it comes because I don't really do that. I'm always trying to hard. Example? When I chop nuts, I must chop them very finely. Like, finer than a grain of sand fine. Etc. I'm kind of like that, and it screws me up all the time, especially during the school year. So, in conclusion of this paragraph, one of my goals for this year is to kind of just let things go sometimes and take a slightly more relaxed approach to most things.
There's like 1.5 months left of summer. That is one heck of a depressing number...1.5 months and then it's back to the cage of clucking chickens for me.
I like these: www.youthaids-aldo.org


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home