One more day of summer...
...has now passed into history...almost. I'm really disappointed. Kaitlin brought up the idea of doing something tonight, like making something for Annie, and then she never responded to my message on myspace, couldn't be reached by phone, and didn't make any attempt at contacting me. It just really annoys me when people do that because I've already planned to set aside time for them...and then they just (maybe unintentionally) drop it on my head.
So today was spent going through old magazines, ripping out pages I found to be useful or nice or inspiring, and making a really tall recycle pile. It was very hot, and I now keep a fan in my room, which is a definite improvement. I need a better lighting system, though; it's better now that summer's here, but for the rest of the year, it's pretty dark...I'm hoping that I can sort of revamp my room in the next few months with all the free time.
I'm not dying to go to Warped Tour anymore. From First to Last isn't playing anymore - they dropped out due to Sonny (lead singer) needing surgery to remove a node. I think this is going to be his third surgery. That kind of concerns me because this is my favorite band, and I really hope they don't wind up losing Sonny eventually because of his vocal issues that seem to keep appearing. He's a smoker, but he's also young (eighteen) if that has any effect. I don't know what's up with the vocals...but I really hope a) Sonny doesn't die really young or something and b) FFTL doesn't part due to some sort of increase in ditching tours because of the lack of voice. And unfortunately, they wouldn't sound at all the same with one of the other members on vox. I really care about that band, honestly. I really, really do. I don't quite know why; it's not like I know any of them personally.
Oh yes, which brings to me to another weird mini rant - I got the new AP (Alternative Press, magazine) in the mail today. It was another one where they had two editions/covers (and you get one)...this is the second time that From First to Last (or someone from it) has been on a cover, I think - at least during my subscription. Anyway, it seems that every time they/he is on a cover, I always get the OTHER cover. And personally, I really don't want to go out to Borders and pay five bucks or whatever for a cover. Except that I want the cover.
I did major cleaning in my room today...seriously major. About 1/4 to 1/2 of my room was about six inches to a foot high with clothes...all put away now! I hate unpacking..can you tell?
And I was sitting in my room, bored and trying to figure out what the heck to do, when I decided that I wanted to make totes. Nothing huge, but a bag..bags with different designs. I can give them to my friends as birthday presents without spending five million dollars, and they'll look cool. Yeah, so I need to learn how to do that, because I have quite a few ideas. And I'm wondering if people would pay me for them or anything.
..........I'm quite concerned about my money lately. I've basically tried to redo a huge part of my wardrobe this year since I've outgrown (not physically, though) a lot of it. I've kind of run low on cash in that sense, I want a video iPod because the mini can't hold about 700 songs that I want on it, I need to restock about all of my "toiletry items" and have resorted to borrowing my sister's stuff everyday, something is wrong with my laptop's mouse, my sister and I really want to buy an N64 but she's probably not asking for one for her birthday which means I have to chip in for it, at least three birthdays are coming up in the next month.........etc. So now that I've told you all about my lack o' dough, yeah.
Thus ends a blog about nothing in particular.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home