I like potatoes.
Hmm, so what's happened since last Saturday? Not much. Okay...well let me see. Michal called me a little while ago and advised that I update so Katie doesn't kill me. I think it's good advice. I haven't done anything for Christmas (gift-wise) yet. I quit indoor soccer, which I'm pretty happy about-not only because I don't particularly enjoy soccer anymore, but because I have pretty horrible (distance) vision=bad headaches/vertigo/lalala during games. I have to try to get contacts on Tuesday, which is going to be really hard for me because the closest thing I have to a phobia is people going near my eyes. If you try to do my mascara, touch anywhere near my eyes, etc I will slap you, but I never really mean to slap people, it just happens - like a reflex because it scares the heck out of me. So I'm not quite sure how it's going to go on Tuesday. Last time that I tried, I ended up nearly crying and I was on the verge of having a panic attack, I had hit the lady about fifteen times, succeeded in kicking my mother, and trying to get out of the chair. I also was thinking about how I might be slightly agoraphobic - like, fear of wide open spaces. Is that weird? I'm extremely uncomfortable (and I get really paranoid and stuff) if I'm in large spaces with no people. Like I freak out if I'm standing in the middle of a large room alone or in my yard.
Ride the Wings of Pestilence by From First to Last is currently my favorite song, if that's any news. Becca (my friend-I have a picture of her in a previous post. The one with all the pictures) is going to see FFTL tonight and she is going to try to get Sonny Moore (google if you must) to hold up a sign or say or something Natalie Owns and/or she might have him call and leave a voicemail message on my cell. This is pretty cool.
Hmm, news...Kaitlin's boyfriend, Greg, the one who basically broke his neck going off a bike jump, got his neck brace off yesterday or a couple days ago, I don't really remember. Um, yeah, Mr. Pudwill (Humanities teacher) came back on Monday from fraternity leave (thank God). He named his son Finley. Kind of bizarre, but yeah-I saw pictures; he is a cute baby.
I can't wait for Christmas. One more week until break. :] First semester ends soon, though... :[ I will have PE. I hate PE. And Philbin the *$#(@*$! is going to be in my class. There are only three girls in that class including myself and the rest are stupid jocks. Hurray. This is going to ruin my 4.0...


2 Comments:
Haha, Michal saved you.
Not to be the obnoxious person with the BA in Psych who wants all psychological terms to be understood and used correctly... but I am... so here you are:
"WHAT IS AGORAPHOBIA
The term agoraphobia has been widely misunderstood. Its literal definition suggests a fear of "open spaces". However, this is an incomplete and misleading view. Agoraphobics are not necessarily afraid of open spaces. Rather, they are afraid of having panicky feelings, wherever. these fearful feelings may occur. For many, they happen at home, in houses of worship, or in crowded supermarkets, places that are certainly not "open".
In fact, agoraphobia is a condition which develops when a person begins to avoid spaces or situations associated with anxiety. Typical "phobic situations" might include driving, shopping, crowded places, traveling, standing in line, being alone, meetings and social gatherings.
Agoraphobia arises; from an internal anxiety condition that has become so intense that the suffering individual fears going anywhere or doing anything where these feelings of panic have repeatedly occurred before. Once the panic attacks have started, these episodes become the ongoing stress, even when other more obvious pressures have diminished. This sets up a "feedback condition" which generally leads to increased numbers of panic attacks and, for some people, an increase in the situations or events which can produce panicky feelings. Others experience fearful feelings continuously, more a feeling of overall. discomfort, rather than panic.
A person may fear having anxiety attacks, "losing control", or embarrassing him/herself in such situations. Many people remain in a painful state of anxious anticipation because of these fears. Some become restricted or "housebound" while others function "normally" but with great difficulty, often attempting to hide their discomfort.
Agoraphobia, then, is both a severe anxiety condition and a phobia, as well as a pattern of avoidant behavior."
http://pages.infinit.net/drnayman/agorapho.htm
Post a Comment
<< Home