Thursday, September 01, 2005

So it begins. DAdaADaaDAaaa. Yeah pretty much.

Mmkkkk sooo school started for me on Wednesday (August 31)..when's it starting for you Katie? Or has it? I still don't really understand why we can't be like normal people and start after Labor Day Weekend... This year they're making two major changes to the school: a) they're building a WHOLE new part to the school...a BIG part. This means that the buses and cars (aka parents) are driving different routes through parking lots and whatever. yayyy. b) Early release on Wednesdays, double days on Thursdays and Fridays (I think). Confusion mucho.

This is my schedule & a key...just in case:

period: class name / teacher / with.. ----- "side note thingies"

1: Drawing and Painting / Ms. Brownstein / Annie, Marissa...I think that's it. ------ I had Brownstein for Clay in seventh grade and she's funny and cool sometimes and sometimes she's just a psycho from Brooklyn. I wonder sometimes if she's bi-polar. I'm kind of frightened to be stuck with her for another semester...hmmm..

2: Integrated Physical Science / Mrs. Cahoon / Stephanie, Ryan C, Mary, Alyssa, Elena, Jessa, other kids I know fo sho. ------ There are a lot of people I know in this class...but I don't think it's going to be much fun. I just don't...too much "by the book" if you get my meaning. Even that isn't correct. So..yeah nevermind.

3: Humanities (World Historyish Studyness & Language Arts / Mr. Pudwill / Rachel, Jessa, Laura..some other kids I know fo sho. ------ Mr. Pudwill seems really cool. He was recommended to me by Mr. Gervis at the end of the last school year as he is seemingly the closest to Mr. Gervis in his teaching styles.

4: Humanities...it's a block period. Same class.

5: Media Production / Mr. Daugherty / Laura. ------ I know other people in this class...but I'm closest to Laura and we basically are not even friends...we don't know each other much. It's kind of sad. And Daugherty is intimidating because a) he's the football coach so naturally..just imagine his height and what not. AHH. b) he seriously doesn't take crap from anyone. Not even a little poopy. At all.

6: Integrated II Math / Hanson / ? ---- I really do think this class is going to be terrible...Philbin's in it but we're so weird because we rarely talk in school. I don't really know why...we're really great friends outside of school. It's just odd. There are like nine girls (including me, I think) in the class though. It's really 10th grade math. Nine girls. I'm friends with none of them. And the kid sitting a seat down from me has a beard.

In second semester everything is the same but my electives which will change to : PD. 1/CONSUMER LIVING (waste of a class, didn't want it) & PD. 5/PE.



Alright, so..about my first days.

On the night of August 30-August 31 Rachel and Chelsea and I slept over at Chelsea's house. It was really fun. Here's a picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hahaha. lovely.


Anyway it was late start for 8th and 9th graders on the first day so we got on the bus at 11...school started at 11:30. We got our schedules in the gym and sat down on the bleachers and listened to our principal (who now sports a nice gray beard and graying longish hair..eww) talk about whatever. It was grand, truly grand. Then we headed off to our classes each for like, 10ish minutes. I really hate first weeks because they keep making us do things like introducing ourselves in various ways.......it's dumb because honestly, nobody particularly cares. And I don't mean that in a mean way. It's just true.

On the second day, which was a full day........ugh. Period 1, Brownstein talked and talked about what we're going to do this year. Period 2 was all about science safety contracts and whatever, Period 3/4 was introductions and what not, Period 5 was the introduction of the project we're starting TOMORROW (not ready. not ready. not ready.), Period 6 was Mr. Hanson talking about the class and his personality and expectations and stuff as well as school pictures. School pictures were really backed up so I had to stay after school for a few minutes to get it taken. Ugh. I had B Lunch and TESSA, my SISTER, was at it.

ASB cards are issued tomorrow. Labor Day Soccer Jamboree is this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. I'm already getting a lot of homework. This is stinky. I'm still in summer mode.

1 Comments:

Blogger KAS217 said...

Its a loverly picture---school starts on the 8th for me.....sad.

9/02/2005 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home