Sunday, August 07, 2005

Camping!!

From the 5th to today (7th) I went on the Annual Church Campout...about 10 families (estimating, which I'm terrible at) went along to Larrabee State Park near or in or something Bellingham. Chelsea came with my family and it was just.....awesome, I suppose.

We arrived at our campground in the early evening and Chelsea and I headed down to the "beach" which wasn't really a beach. It was more like a labyrinth of trails leading to nice rocky areas or beaches. We went to one area and found a ton of purple and orange starfish, sea urchins...etc. It was really amazing to see things like that in, um, the wild. I'd only seen them in museums and such. We "petted" the starfish and what not and climbed all over these huge rocks. Then in the night we played a lot of cards, especially BS (that would be Bird Seed).

The next day Chelsea and I were heading back to the rocky place with all the starfish when we decided to stop for awhile before going all the way down the path in order to see if we could climb down on another rocky formation. I know this isn't making any sense but hey, WHO CARES!!! ??!?! :-D So..that's when we realized that there were people all dressed up going down towards our rock place. We were kind of confused for awhile but decided to kind of ignore it because we had seen a party area at the beginning of the pathways where there's a kind of field...so logically those people might have been from the party area. So Chelsea and I were busy contemplating what would be the best route down our new rocky place to the water when this soft piano music started playing. Chelsea tapped me and I paused, about to start going down the rocks...and I turned around to where she was gesturing. There were people in like, dresses and stuff walking down the pathway. That's when we realized that this was a WEDDING. So to make you understand this...there's one long pathway that goes down to the starfish rocks. There was a small "fork" going off to the right about halfway down the long pathway and that's what we were on. We were in the aisle, more or less. It was hilarious and we didn't know what to do...I mean, this hadn't been blocked off or anything and we were taken by surprise. It was just the funniest thing ever. We waited for everyone's attention to shift from the "aisle" to the end of the pathway before we ran away.

This morning we went on a 1.5 mile hike to get to and from Lake Fragrance, which a small lake...but it was beautiful and surrounded by enormous rock walls and trees. We swam for about ten minutes total, sadly.

The end.

3 Comments:

Blogger KAS217 said...

You walked in on a wedding?? Haha, real smooth Natalie. Did anyone see you?

8/08/2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Yes. Some people waiting to walk down the aisle saw us and just looked at us funny. Not glaring or anything, just a "umm...okay..." look. But we didn't walk in...more like they walked in on us. :D

8/09/2005 9:41 PM  
Blogger KAS217 said...

Update, you stinker.

8/14/2005 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home